Country Canada - International Student

Study permit

All international students must obtain a study permit to live and study in Canada. A study permit is a document issued by the Government of Canada that allows international students to study at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada for a specific period of time. The processing time for a study permit can vary depending on factors such as your country of origin and the time of year. On average, it takes 20 business weeks to process the study permit after you complete the biometrics, and if you meet the eligibility.

Work permit

International students in Canada may be eligible to work up to 20 hours per week on or off campus while they study. To work off-campus, you must have a study permit and be enrolled in a full-time program. You may also be eligible for a post-graduation work permit after you complete your program of study. Depending on your length of study, international students can obtain Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) up to there years

Minimum Wage

Minimum wage in Canada varies depending on the provinces.


Cooperative Education (Co-op)

A program offered by many universities and colleges that allows students to gain practical work experience in their field of study. Students are typically required to meet academic performance standards and complete specific courses before being eligible for co-op placements. Most co-op placements last between four and eight months. Co-op programs are popular in Canada because they offer many benefits to students, including the opportunity to gain work experience, develop professional networks, and earn money to offset the cost of tuition. Co-op programs can also help students clarify their career goals and make more informed decisions about their future career paths